Thursday, April 10, 2008

This is from my friend Daniel Victor of Neverending White Lights blog

-------------------

Essential NWL News!

Friends,I have some very important news to share with you today, so listen close!

First of all, I’m sorry to announce the following regarding the upcoming NWL concert in Toronto.Melissa Auf der Maur will not be able to join us for the evening. We have been working closely in the last few months, and although she initially had intended on being there, she has since run into some personal complications.

She feels bad about the circumstances and she wanted me to share with you these words straight from her heart:

Dear Lovers of Sound and Neverending White Lights,
I am sorry to announce that my spring season has made it impossible for me to be in Toronto on April 19th as I had originally hoped. If there was such a thing as a magic portal mirror, I would be there within an ancient gold frame. Instead I must remain faraway in body, but there in spirit and proud of my presence on "The World is Darker".
It is bound to be a heavy romantic evening as you will be bathed in the beautiful and dramatic sounds of Daniel, Jimmy, Rob and the other fine guests and gents.
Thanks to NWL for the invitation and I hope we can find another opportunity to perform together under another moon. I long to perform in Toronto soon but until then, I wish you all the best in love, health and music.

Merci et a bientot
xMAdMx

At this point, I’m inclined to remind you about the super talent that WILL be joining us. From New Jersey, Jimmy Gnecco (OURS), And from England, Rob Dickinson (CATHERINE WHEEL). Two legends that will light up the night along with YOURS TRULY. And NWL will deliver a memorable and special night as usual.

If you don’t have your tickets yet, go now!

Now, here’s the good news!

NWL has released an E.P. yesterday on iTunes! It features the single edit of "World is Darker", A Remix of "Always", and the best part:
A cover of NWL performing "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado! Sounds crazy? It is.

Please go to the Myspace site and listen for yourself. If your a fan of NWL, you’ll love it I promise.
It is available for you on iTunes right now!

And even more good news...I’m throwing an after party for ALL my fans in the Toronto area following the concert. The amazing night club known as Revival has agreed to let in ALL the NWL concert-goers who have a ticket with no line! That will save you from standing outside all night.
Here’s the infoNWL After party @ Club Revival
Saturday April 19th following the concert
788 College Street West
11PM - 2AM
Line bypass with NWL concert ticket stub
Special guest DJ YodaI will be in attendance, along with all the guests from the concert. Perhaps we’ll all do shots and dance together. Sounds good? Good.

Oh, and one more thing:

RECORD STORE DAY!

On Saturday April 19th please come celebrate Record Store day with us.
I will making a very special acoustic performance at Sunrise Records in Toronto @ 1PM,
This is to celebrate and bring back the idea of the record retailer. If you’ve followed my blogs and journals the last year, you will understand why this is important.
Read about it here

You’ll get to see some of the NWL favorites done acoustically.

Oh, and one MORE thing still....

Tune into 102.1 Edge102 FM on Friday April 18th at 7PM for a Live-to-Air acoustic performance by Neverending White Lights.

That should be enough to keep you all busy!

xo~d.v.

No comments: