Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thoughts for 2008

WOW, it's 2008 all ready, this has been an amazing journey as I get the privilege of listening to many awesome, wonderful, great, not so great and down right horrible music (they just haven't found their niche yet ;).

As I listen everyday, there are some musicans that stand out more than others. As I posted on my page, not everyone will enjoy all the music, but it is universal and the LOVE of music is what keeps us all going. Every musician is unique in their own style and some just are not sure of the style that they should be in, but in the long run, for the love of music they will find their niche. When I run across those unique bands or musicians, one member from country, punk, metal, rock and jazz and see what they have put together as one band, I am totally amazed the diversity that can come about. When listening to different music genres (and please do), do it with an open mind, as what do you all have in common?

THE LOVE OF MUSIC!

Collaborations are formed when you put two or more musicians together to make that special sound, song or cd. Don't be scared to get out of your comfort zone because truthfully, you might be amazed.

As 2007 comes to an end and 2008 begins, my job is to try and showcase as many musicians as I can for all to enjoy. I do listen to EVERYONE that sends me a friend request, maybe today won't be your day, maybe not tomorrow either, but one day will. When I get mail that says "I am so much better than them, why didn't you pick me" stop and think about it. Your day may come, but it just wasn't today. I showcase one "Artist of the Day" and try to mix the genres of music as there are just so many. So take the time to inspire others with your music, instead of pointing fingers.

One great thing about "Artist of the Day" is the love you feel, when you hear the music. I have been there, done that and can totally relate to those that put the hours and hours of pain, tears and dedication into their music. Who am I? I am a nobody that at one time shared your dream of making music come alive. It wasn't my calling, but my love of music never died. It is something in your blood that will long out live an indifferences that you engage in life.

Artist of the Day began with a dream. My dream is bigger than the universe. I hope that I can inspire everyone to keep that open mind (to listen to all genres of music) and enjoy what we have been given, the LOVE OF MUSIC! Ever wonder why most of my posts say I am thankful? It's because I am thankful for all the music, musicans and others that INSPIRE me everyday.

I would like to take the time to tell everyone to keep up the awesome work, live for your dreams, inspire others to listen and play and most importantly reach where you have never reached before. Get out of that comfort zone! The one nice thing about trying something different is that you can ALWAYS go back ;)

Cheers to 2008 and all it inspires :)

P.S. My son has decided to go on his own by starting a Musician of the Month, so I will be doing Artist of the Day solo ;) I wish my son all the best and will promote his site when he is ready to go :)

No comments: